If you plan to travel outside of Canada with your children and without the other parent, then we strongly recommend having the other parent sign a travel consent letter well in advance of your travel date. This recommendation applies whether you are divorced or married and anytime when your children are travelling with one one parent or even with other family members or friends. This form, which can be found on the Passport Canada website, with many travel agencies, and at law firms, is relatively simple to complete. Remember to ensure that it is signed in front of a notary public or it may not be accepted by border officials.